The City of Fort Lauderdale broke ground Monday, May 1, 2017, at the intersection of S.E.15th Avenue and Las Olas Boulevard intersection.
Accomplished so far:
- Constructed additional southbound left turn lane from S.E. 15th Avenue to E Las Olas Boulevard to facilitate traffic movement;
- Replaced disintegrating and aging drainage pipes to upgrade stormwater infrastructure;
- Installed new drainage structure to reduce ponding at the intersection;
- Installed American Disabilities Act (ADA) upgrades across Las Olas Boulevard and S.E. 15th Avenue to increase pedestrian infrastructure and safety;
- Temporarily restored the asphalt; and
- Restored sidewalk